News and Announcements
2020/21 Lacrosse Season Update:
All future games for the 2020/21 season have been cancelled. Practices will continue, so please continue to work with your coaches/managers on the practice schedule.
Hello fellow Adanacs
As we rapidly head towards Season B, the inevitable has to happen – we have to pay for it!
Please watch out for an email from me with a Paypal Invoice with your fees for Season B.
These fees must be paid prior to the season starting. If they are not paid in time, your son / daughter will not be able to continue to play into Season B.
Fees for the remainder of the season will be as follows (based on last year’s registration fees):
Please watch out for your invoice coming this week – check your spam folders too!
Thanks for your patience and understanding whilst we figure this out, and get the proper season underway!
Go A’s Go!
IMPORTANT UPDATE/POSSIBLE CHANGES – Please read
We have heard that the powers who be are working hard to allow us to play games. We feel this might happen sooner than we had originally thought.
We are still planning to go ahead with Season A and Season B. You MUST sign up for Season A in order to participate in Season B (this is due to insurance).
We would like all parents to note that Season B (which may includes games) could start at any time as soon as the BCLA gives the go ahead while following VIA Sport and the BC Health Regulations.
Important points to note:
- Registration is from Aug 1- Aug 15. NO LATE REGISTRATIONS
- You must be registered for Season A in order to play Season B
- We could be collecting additional fees (TBD based on length of season/costs) to register for Season B
The below is the layout of Season A and Season B with the new possible changes should we get the go ahead to move forward. Thank you all for your patience as we try to navigate through this.
Set Up for the Season:
We will be splitting the season up into 2 parts:
Season A will run mid September until approximately November 30th (or sooner if we are moved to the next phase)
Season A will respect all COVID safety protocols and will consist of 2 practices per week; practices will consist of:
- skill drills
- 3v3 drills no goalies, no contact
- no goalies —> no scrimmages with goalies. Drills with goalies are OK
Players will be grouped by age, no tiering / tryouts. All practices will comply with current BC Health Guidelines, and players and parents will be expected to comply with guidelines without exception. Players will be excluded without refund or appeal for guideline breaches.
Season B will run December onwards (or sooner if we are moved to the next phase)
If current BC Health Guidelines are relaxed and competitive games are permitted, the Executive will consider the introduction of “Season B”. Additional fees will be collected at this Registration to cover such things as Referee fees if games are permitted.
In the event that restrictions are not relaxed, the Executive will consider a continuation of the season under “*Season A*” format.
- Mid-September to 30th November 2020 (or until we are moved to next phase) – Season A
- January to mid-March 2021 (or earlier if we are moved us to next phase)
- Subject to guideline relaxation – Season B
- Should guidelines not be relaxed – Continuation of Season A
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY THOSE PLAYERS WHO SIGNED UP IN AUGUST WILL BE PERMITTED TO CONTINUE TO PLAY IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON. NEW PLAYERS / REGISTRANTS WHO DID NOT SIGN UP FOR SEASON “A” WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PLAY AS THEY WILL NOT BE COVERED BY BCLA INSURANCE.
There will be no refunds. Please note that Registration will be open from August 1st to August 15th. This is a short window, but there will be* no late registrations accepted*. With the Health guidelines in place, we will not have the flexibility to add/move players.
U5/U7 Coed $55
U8 Girls $55
U9 Boys $55
U12 Girls and up $75
U11 Boys and up $75
- With all of this in mind, if any of parents are interested in helping out; or have any experience with fitness training – we welcome any new volunteers who can help us to make this new way of sport a success! **
Adanac field lacrosse is excited to announce the 7th annual LAXOP Rust Removal Camp and the 2nd annual Girls Lax 101 at Charles Best field. The Camp will adhere to all safety protocols.
- Rust Removal (AUG 24-27 ~ 9-Noon ~ $150 including pinnie ~ Ages 7-13) is open to boys & girls in full equipment. Players will stay safe, have fun & gain confidence. Our focus on reinforcing the fundamentals while teaching team play and game sense will have a huge impact on player development.
- Girls LAX 101 (AUG 28 ~ 9-Noon ~ $40 ~ Ages 7-15) is for girls to get a safe and fun introduction to Women’s Lacrosse from local female instructors. Women’s stick & gear is encouraged but full gear and regular stick will work great.
Please spread the word to your friends… the camp is Adanacs first but open to all associations.
For any inquiries email email@example.com