News and Announcements
IMPORTANT UPDATE/POSSIBLE CHANGES – Please read
We have heard that the powers who be are working hard to allow us to play games. We feel this might happen sooner than we had originally thought.
We are still planning to go ahead with Season A and Season B. You MUST sign up for Season A in order to participate in Season B (this is due to insurance).
We would like all parents to note that Season B (which may includes games) could start at any time as soon as the BCLA gives the go ahead while following VIA Sport and the BC Health Regulations.
Important points to note:
- Registration is from Aug 1- Aug 15. NO LATE REGISTRATIONS
- You must be registered for Season A in order to play Season B
- We could be collecting additional fees (TBD based on length of season/costs) to register for Season B
The below is the layout of Season A and Season B with the new possible changes should we get the go ahead to move forward. Thank you all for your patience as we try to navigate through this.
Set Up for the Season:
We will be splitting the season up into 2 parts:
Season A will run mid September until approximately November 30th (or sooner if we are moved to the next phase)
Season A will respect all COVID safety protocols and will consist of 2 practices per week; practices will consist of:
- skill drills
- 3v3 drills no goalies, no contact
- no goalies —> no scrimmages with goalies. Drills with goalies are OK
Players will be grouped by age, no tiering / tryouts. All practices will comply with current BC Health Guidelines, and players and parents will be expected to comply with guidelines without exception. Players will be excluded without refund or appeal for guideline breaches.
Season B will run December onwards (or sooner if we are moved to the next phase)
If current BC Health Guidelines are relaxed and competitive games are permitted, the Executive will consider the introduction of “Season B”. Additional fees will be collected at this Registration to cover such things as Referee fees if games are permitted.
In the event that restrictions are not relaxed, the Executive will consider a continuation of the season under “*Season A*” format.
- Mid-September to 30th November 2020 (or until we are moved to next phase) – Season A
- January to mid-March 2021 (or earlier if we are moved us to next phase)
- Subject to guideline relaxation – Season B
- Should guidelines not be relaxed – Continuation of Season A
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY THOSE PLAYERS WHO SIGNED UP IN AUGUST WILL BE PERMITTED TO CONTINUE TO PLAY IN THE SECOND HALF OF THE SEASON. NEW PLAYERS / REGISTRANTS WHO DID NOT SIGN UP FOR SEASON “A” WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO PLAY AS THEY WILL NOT BE COVERED BY BCLA INSURANCE.
There will be no refunds. Please note that Registration will be open from August 1st to August 15th. This is a short window, but there will be* no late registrations accepted*. With the Health guidelines in place, we will not have the flexibility to add/move players.
U5/U7 Coed $55
U8 Girls $55
U9 Boys $55
U12 Girls and up $75
U11 Boys and up $75
- With all of this in mind, if any of parents are interested in helping out; or have any experience with fitness training – we welcome any new volunteers who can help us to make this new way of sport a success! **
Adanac field lacrosse is excited to announce the 7th annual LAXOP Rust Removal Camp and the 2nd annual Girls Lax 101 at Charles Best field. The Camp will adhere to all safety protocols.
- Rust Removal (AUG 24-27 ~ 9-Noon ~ $150 including pinnie ~ Ages 7-13) is open to boys & girls in full equipment. Players will stay safe, have fun & gain confidence. Our focus on reinforcing the fundamentals while teaching team play and game sense will have a huge impact on player development.
- Girls LAX 101 (AUG 28 ~ 9-Noon ~ $40 ~ Ages 7-15) is for girls to get a safe and fun introduction to Women’s Lacrosse from local female instructors. Women’s stick & gear is encouraged but full gear and regular stick will work great.
Please spread the word to your friends… the camp is Adanacs first but open to all associations.
For any inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Coquitlam Adanacs Field Lacrosse,
My name is Steven Robertson, and I am currently the Chapter President and Nick Healey Hike Chairman of the Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity, at Simon Fraser University. I would like to invite the Coquitlam Adanacs Field Lacrosse to attend our upcoming Nick Healey Hike for Mental Health, on March 22, 2020, at 11:00 AM, on Burnaby Mountain.
The Nick Healey Hike for Mental Health is dedicated to one of our Founding Fathers and founding Vice-President, Nick Healey (a Port Moody native), who on March 25, 2014, lost his battle against his mental health. Nick was also a former member of the Coquitlam Adanacs Field Lacrosse Association when he was younger.
For the second year, the Nick Healey Hike for Mental Health raises money for the Canadian Mental Health Association, in which the money raised will be used to support children and youth living with mental health issues through recreation-based programming. Last year’s hike raised over $6,715, and we are looking to surpass that amount this year with an initial fundraising goal of $10,000. This event is anticipated around the community, and your police department’s attendance would add to the importance and magnitude of this event.
We do not charge anyone for attending the hike, but we strongly recommend for all groups to start their own personal or team fundraising page for this event. If you are unable to attend but would still like to donate or become a sponsor of our event, then your contributions are always appreciated.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Hope to see you out at the event.
Chapter President| Tau Beta Chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
The links for the fundraising page, Facebook event page, and website are below:
Our U13 Tier 1 team won Silver at the BC Provincials this past weekend.
They lost to an undefeated New West team in the final, but made it exciting coming back from a 6-1 deficit to finish 11-9!
Great job team!